Newlywed couples from all over the world flock to Georgia to celebrate their marriage. Whether you are a Georgia native or have yet to visit, you probably know that the state boasts a variety of beautiful settings and romantic towns. From the beaches to the mountains, the state has something for everyone! If you are planning your honeymoon with your spouse or spouse-to-be, check out these top Georgia honeymoon destinations.
Savannah is known as one of the most romantic cities in America, so it’s no surprise that it is a popular Georgia honeymoon destination. From strolling through the charming streets to enjoying the water on a riverboat cruise to admiring the history of the city with a trolley tour, there is plenty that Savannah has to offer. Some of the top hotels include:
- Andaz Savannah: This boutique hotel brings a modern flair to the Historic District. It is centrally located, making it perfect for the couple looking to explore the city together.
- The Brice: This upscale and eclectic hotel is also centrally located, with easy access to River Street, City Market, and more.
- Hotel Indigo: This chic hotel is another great option in the Historic District. It has views of River Street and City Market and gives you easy access to all that Savannah has to offer.
Tybee Island offers beautiful, sprawling beaches for couples to kick back and relax. The Tybee Island Lighthouse gives you beautiful views of the area as well. It is also just a 30-minute drive away from Savannah, making it perfect for couples who are looking for a bit of variety during their Georgia honeymoon. Couples interested in Tybee Island for their honeymoon destination can check out Hotel Tybee. It is located right on the beach and is just steps away from the island’s best restaurants, bars, and shopping.
St. Simons Island
Drive down the coast and you’ll find yourself at gorgeous St. Simons Island. The tranquil island offers a host of opportunities for seaside activities, like kayaking, fishing, hiking, setting up a picnic, or just lounging around. Clients who are looking to vacation in St. Simons Island should check out The King & Prince Beach & Golf Resort for their stay. The resort features oceanfront pools, spa services, a golf course, tennis courts, fine dining, and more. There are a variety of accommodation options, including oceanfront suites, villas, cottages, and more.
Just south of St. Simons Island is Jekyll Island, a peaceful and romantic Georgia honeymoon destination. The island is a State Park, allowing the gorgeous natural surroundings to be preserved and admired by visitors. Couples can stay at Villas By The Sea Resort & Conference Center, the largest beach resort on the island. It faces the Atlantic and is surrounded by 17 acres of landscaping and gorgeous, towering oaks. The resort offers beach access, nature trails throughout the property, pools, dining, shops, and more.
In the center of Georgia is the quaint and picturesque town of Madison. It is known for its antique shopping, boutiques, art galleries, and upscale dining. Couples who want to make Madison their Georgia honeymoon destination can book a room at James Madison Inn. The charming hotel takes Southern hospitality to the next level, allowing guests to relax and enjoy a bed and breakfast experience while taking in the beautiful architecture. The inn also has an on-site spa that offers a variety of packages, including a couples massage.
If a nature-filled Georgia honeymoon experience is calling to you, there is no better place than Northern Georgia. The cities and towns in this area are surrounded by breathtaking mountains, giving you the opportunity to bask in the peacefulness of the outdoors. Some popular honeymoon destinations in Northern Georgia include:
- Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa: Located in Young Harris, GA, this resort offers both nature and luxury. You can enjoy many of the outdoor offerings, such as hiking, golfing, or horseback riding. The on-site spa also offers a variety of luxurious treatments.
- Rabun Manor: This Dillard, GA hotel was built in 1846, and the historical charm has been preserved over the years. The mansion serves as a bed and breakfast and is surrounded by three national forests that you can enjoy.
- Kingwood Country Club Resort: This resort is located in Clayton, GA, a town surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains. It offers a golf course, spa services, an indoor and outdoor pool, dining, and more.
If you are in the process of planning your wedding or Georgia honeymoon, come to the next Georgia Bridal Show near you. You will have the chance to meet with wedding professionals, travel agencies, and hotels from Georgia and the Southeast who can help bring your vision to life. You may even be the lucky winner of the Honeymoon Giveaway!
Georgia wedding vendors, as well as other wedding professionals across the Southeast, can contact us about opportunities for exhibition and online marketing with Georgia Bridal