The mother of the bride is the second most important woman at any wedding. She plays a special role and needs a special dress. When choosing mother of the bride dresses, Atlanta residents should keep the following ideas in mind.
5 Tips for Choosing Mother of the Bride Dresses
- Mirror the bride’s dress. The bride’s dress determines if the rest of the party dresses traditionally or more casual, and the mother should follow suit.
- Follow the theme. Wedding colors create a theme, and the wedding party should pull shades and accents from the wedding’s theme colors. For instance, when selecting mother of the bride dresses Atlanta moms may want to wear coordinating dresses in lighter shades of the colors used by the rest of the wedding party.
- Think about photos. When choosing dresses, always think about how they are going to look in photos, and don’t forget to take into account how the mother of the bride’s dress will look when photographed next to other people in the wedding part.
- Go with comfort and style. If mom likes pants suits, go for that look. Or if she especially likes a particular style or color that makes her feel beautiful, choose that, even if it doesn’t perfectly match the rest of the wedding party.
- Shop together to ensure everyone is on the same page. When planning the wedding, mothers and daughters are creating memories to last a lifetime. The bride can bring her ideas of theme, while mom can be sure she loves her own dress.
Great Shops for Mother of the Bride Dresses in Atlanta
Anya Bridal is a one-stop shopping destination for all your wedding dress needs. This includes the bridal gown, bridesmaids dresses, and even bridal accessories, and they carry dresses from sizes 0 to 32, in all manner of styles and silhouettes. They can also special order dresses.
Head to Dillard’s in Perimeter Mall to find wedding gowns, bridesmaid, and mother-of-the-bride dresses in the Wedding Shop. They also have shoes and accessories to match. When a bride and her mom are ready say yes to the perfect dress, they can find it at Dillard’s. While shopping for mother of the bride dresses Atlanta brides and moms can also register for the all the basics they’ll need after the wedding such as bedding, towels, and cookware.
The team at Marjani Niquelle believes in curve appeal. They have a love of art and passion for the latest trends, and that helps them create fresh, original, and timeless pieces. They feature custom wedding dresses, bridal lingerie, flower girl gowns, and mother of the bride dresses. You won’t be disappointed and are likely to be impressed to the max.
The professionals at TK Bridal & Alterations offer individual attention and over 30 years of experience. They sell wedding dresses of the highest quality, but they also create dresses and perfectly alter them to fit. When you book a fitting, they can help you find or create the dress you’ve always dreamed of wearing to your daughter’s wedding.
Treasures Formals & Bridal is a family owned bridal and special-occasion salon conveniently located in Metro Atlanta. They offer stunningly beautiful dresses that are curated with a sharp eye for trending fashion. As wedding specialists, they maintain a relaxed and friendly shopping experience that makes finding the perfect dress not just enjoyable, but memorable.
If you have a wedding in the near future, be sure to attend the next Georgia Bridal Show. We showcase many vendors from bakeries, to photographers, to wedding dresses. If you’re a vendor who sells mother of the bride dresses Atlanta, contact us today. We can reserve a space for you at our next event or showcase you on our website.