Choosing your wedding cake flavor is one of the most fun parts of planning a wedding. Who doesn’t like to taste mouth-watering cake? However, with so many options, it can sometimes be overwhelming trying to choose the final flavor! Here are a few delicious and crowd-pleasing wedding cake flavors that will work perfectly for each season.
Spring Wedding Cake Flavors
- Earl Grey Tea: Do you love a nice cup of Earl Grey tea? Then this is the spring wedding cake for you. It works particularly well with a raspberry filling or a lavender frosting.
- Pistachio: A pistachio cake is a unique and delicious cake flavor choice for a spring wedding. The light and nutty taste pairs perfectly with vanilla buttercream.
- Almond: This is another nut-forward cake flavor that will surely be a hit. The beauty of an almond cake is that it works well with a variety of toppings, fillings, and frostings. Try fresh berries on top of a naked cake, a simple vanilla buttercream, or a delicious raspberry filling.
- Champagne: Why not extend the champagne toast to your cake? If your color palette includes pink, you can even go for a pink champagne cake. Whatever the color, a champagne cake pairs nicely with fresh berries.
Summer Wedding Cake Flavors
- Coconut: Hosting a tropical or beachside wedding? Then play up the theme with a coconut flavored wedding cake. It can be paired with a variety of frosting flavors and toppings. Try topping it with fresh berries, or filling it with pineapple. Even a dark chocolate frosting will work great!
- Lemon: The lighter taste of lemon perfectly complements a summer wedding on a warm day. It pairs well with a raspberry frosting, filling, or topping. A simple vanilla frosting works great, as well!
- Vanilla: You can’t go wrong with a classic vanilla cake. It can be paired with just about any topping, frosting, or filling. For a particularly summer feel, top with in-season fruits that are local to your area.
- Strawberry: Use this summer-time staple to your advantage. Serve a strawberry-flavored cake, or simply use strawberry buttercream and fresh strawberries on top of a lighter cake, like a champagne or yellow butter cake.
Fall Wedding Cake Flavors
- Maple Pecan: A maple pecan cake is perfect for a fall wedding. It works perfectly with cream cheese frosting, or a delicious maple buttercream. Top with spiced pecans for the final autumnal touch.
- Cinnamon Apple: Nothing says autumn like the pairing of cinnamon and apple. This cake is delicious without frosting and topped with fresh apple slices, but can also be paired with a variety of frosting flavors, such as maple buttercream.
- Pumpkin: Of course, you can’t talk about fall without mentioning pumpkin. A pumpkin cake pairs great with a buttercream or cream cheese frosting.
- Red Wine Chocolate: If you’re looking for a decadent cake for your fall wedding, this cake will work perfectly. The rich cake can be layered with dark chocolate frosting.
Winter Wedding Cake Flavors
- Red Velvet: Red velvet is a popular cake flavor that many couples turn to for their wedding. The decadent taste and deep red color perfectly complements a winter wedding.
- Chai Spice: If you love enjoying a warm cup of chai, then a chai spice cake is a great choice for your wedding. A chai spice cake can be layered with a delicious vanilla buttercream frosting.
- Chocolate Gingerbread: Chocolate lovers will love this combination. The spice of the gingerbread is particularly perfect for weddings around the holidays. Top with chocolate buttercream frosting, or even take a simple naked cake approach.
- Cranberry Orange: A vanilla cake featuring these two popular seasonal fruits is a great choice for couples looking for a lighter flavor with a winter touch. A cream cheese filling is a delicious addition to this cake.
If you are in the process of planning your wedding, come to the next Georgia Bridal Show near you. You will have the chance to meet with professional wedding vendors of all talents who can help bring your vision to life!
Georgia wedding vendors, as well as other wedding professionals across the Southeast, can contact us about opportunities for exhibition and online marketing with Georgia Bridal Show.